Aquatic Special Events
The Aquatic Center is now open with limited capacities. More information will be added as it becomes available. Please call the Summit on the Park front desk with any questions.
The Aquatic Center hosts special events ranging from indoor triathlon to the ultra competitive cardboard boat race.
By clicking on the tabs below you will find all the information needed for each particular event. If you have any additional questions you may contact the Summit on the Park front desk at 734/394-5460.
Cardboard Boat Race
Families and Businesses! Build your boat out of just cardboard and duct tape and let the best boat win!
5:30 p.m. - Boat dock opens in the aquatic hallway
6:00 p.m. - Races begin
- Most Creative
- Fastest Boat
- Titanic Boat (Going Down In Style)
Awards will be given at the end of the event for each age group when all boats have raced.
- Boats must be constructed of only cardboard materials (circular cardboard tubes are allowed), duct tape, and water-safe paint.
- Boats must be no larger than 5.5 ft. wide and 10 ft. long.
$10M / $15R / $20NR per boat
Registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
Conquer the Park
Come join us for a sprint triathlon
- This triathlon will begin at the Summit on the Park with a 200-yard swim in the lap pool.
- Next, head out to Heritage Park for a 2-mile bike ride (must provide your own bike).
- Lastly, stay in Heritage Park to finish with a 1-mile run.
May 21, 2022
Heat times begin at 8:30 a.m.
Swim: Lap pool of the Aquatic Center
Bike: Heritage Park (pavement)
Run: Heritage Park (pavement & grass)
Please note bikes are not provided.
Online or in-person at the Summit on the Park front desk.
Pumpkin Patch In The Pool
Tired of searching those dusty fields for your perfect pumpkin to decorate? We are too. We've put a fun spin on the tradition by creating a patch in the pool just for you! So, don't forget your suit, towel and friends. Make an evening of it! Hunt for your perfect pumpkin in one of our pools with the corresponding number you are assigned. Decorating stations will be placed around the pool desk. Join us for open swim following the event! Registration is required to receive and decorate a pumpkin.
2022 date TBA
Summit on the Park Aquatic Center
46000 Summit Parkway
Canton MI 48188
Great Lake Challenge
Swim Across A Great Lake Challenge
Looking for a fun and unique New Year’s resolution challenge? Join us for the third annual Swim Across a Great Lake Challenge. Participants will have six months to complete the 118 miles to swim across Lake Michigan. Participants must be Summit on the Park members due to facility usage.
- Participants will be able to pick and choose when they come in to complete their swims.
- Swim distances will only count when done in the Summit Aquatic Center.
- Participants record their distance each day they swim with the aquatic coordinator on duty.
- All participants will receive a T-Shirt!
- Registration limited to first 25 participants so sign up today!
2022 Dates TBD
$TBA (open to Summit Members only)
In person at the Summit front desk.
Discover Brochure: all Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Offerings are available for all ages and interests.
Registration: program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
Participant Inclusion and Accommodations (PDF): Canton Leisure Services strives to ensure that all facilities and programs meet ADA requirements and are inclusive of all individuals regardless of ability. If you would like to request accommodations, please complete the Inclusion and Accommodation Form or call 734/394-5460.