Lifeguard and Swim Instructor Training
LIFEGUARD TRAINING - JEFF ELLIS AND ASSOCIATES
International pool and water park shallow water lifeguard certification is a highly recognized certification throughout the aquatics industry. The instructors are all certified lifeguard instructors and work to ensure that all participants are engaged in a positive learning environment.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive an international pool and water park shallow water lifeguard certificate. Participants must be at least 15-years old, have the ability to pass a swimming pretest, and complete all reading material prior to the start of class.
Lifeguard classes take place throughout the year. Check back regularly for new class offerings. Each session dates typically are held on Fridays from 5:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturdays & Sundays from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Our next class will be held April 21-24. Participants must attend all of the following sessions:
- April 21 from 5:30 - 9 p.m.
- April 22 from 5:30 - 9 p.m.
- April 23 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- April 24 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Spots are filling fast! Register online for Lifeguard Training today! For additional information, call 734/394-5460.
Jan Opens a New Window.
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR COURSE - AMERICAN RED CROSS
This certification is recognized throughout the aquatics industry as a quality certification for those interested in teaching swim lessons. The class consists of classroom training and in-water participation.
All participants will walk away with their own training manuals, new teaching techniques, and a pool of knowledge to take with you through your teaching career. This class is taught by a certified Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certificate. The class consists of both classroom training and in-water participation. For more information, please call 734/394-5460.
Water Safety Instructor classes take place throughout the year. Check back regularly for the latest class. Session dates meet: Friday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Upcoming Training Sessions: TBA
- Summit on the Park is now hiring lifeguards and swim instructors for year-round part-time and seasonal summer shifts.
- Flexible hours available in all shifts - great for students or 2nd job seekers.
- Not trained? If you are interested in earning your certification and ultimately working at the Summit on the Park, sign up for one of the upcoming training courses.
- All job requirements are listed on the Canton Township Hiring web page.
- Register for the Lifeguard Training Course. Find details on the Swim Instructors tab.
- Apply for a Job
Discover Brochure: Opens a New Window. all Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Offerings are available for all ages and interests.