Aquatic Center Update Spring 2021:
The Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center has identified a tentative date of Tuesday, June 1, 2021, to re-open to the public. Although this scheduled date is contingent on a number of factors and is subject to change, Summit on the Park management remains confident that they are on track to open their doors as planned with COVID-19 safety protocols and limited capacities in place.
Due to COVID-19 precautions and facility renovations, this popular Summit on the Park amenity has been closed since March 2020. Renovations to the Summit on the Park roof have now been completed and preparations are underway to reopen with safety as a top priority.
Phase one of the Summit Aquatic Center’s re-opening plan will include therapy pool use and lap lane swimming, which will be limited to one person per lap lane for a one-hour block and will be available by appointment only. There is no fee associated with reserving a lane for Summit on the Park members. Lap lane reservations can be made online one week in advance at www.summitonthepark.org. Patrons using the pool must wear a face mask when inside the facility up until entering the water.
Aquatic Center hours will shift to a block schedule to allow staff more time for cleaning of handrails and high-touch surfaces. Summit staff will continue to be vigilant in facility maintenance and sanitization.
Future re-opening phases will include the addition of open swim times, as well as swimming lessons.
For additional information about the Summit on the Park Aquatic Center, call 734/394-5460.
The Aquatic Center is a fun-filled water environment for people of all ages! The Aquatic Center features a:
- 5-lane, 25-yard lap pool (lanes range from 3 feet to 5 feet in depth)
- Lazy river and water slide
- Sauna room
- Steam room
- Zero-depth leisure pool with play features such as a 30 inch water slide
Aquatic Center Activities
The Aquatic Center is open approximately 100 hours per week for activities such as lap swimming, fitness classes, swimming lessons, and open swim. We offer everything from parent/child aquatic exploration to adult swim and fitness programs.
- Aquatic Center Schedule and Descriptions (PDF): TBA
Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Summit on the Park offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes in both the lazy river and the lap pool. Classes include:
- Aqua Tone
- Aqua Kickbox
- Gentle Aqua
- Intermediate River Blast
- At least one lane will be open during all times that the aquatic center is open.
- Lap lanes can accommodate several swimmers and lane sharing is expected; please circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lap swimmers are required to swim continuous laps and cannot stop or stand in the lanes. Lifejackets and fitness equipment are not permitted in the lap pool; fins and hand paddles are permitted when there are no more than 2 people in a lane.
- It is recommended that guests wishing to swim laps come during lap swim only.
- During Lap Swim times guests must be at least 12 years old and will be expected to swim continuous laps. However if the child can pass a swim test they can remain lap swimming as long as the parent stays poolside.
Parent Tot Swim
- Modified sessions are the best times for parents with small children, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pools.
- The lap and leisure pools are usually open although classes may be conducted there.
- The water slide and lazy river will not be open and the features will not be on during any swim or fitness classes.
- All pools including the water slide, lazy river and leisure pool will be used for open swim activities.
- Under certain circumstances (such as slow times or staff shortages) the aquatic staff will alternate opening the slide and lazy river.
- The lazy river is open for River Walking ONLY.
- No equipment or instructor is used. Walking will be in one direction only, as directed by the lifeguard on duty.
- For the safety of all guests, every 15 minutes lifeguards will direct participants to change walking directions.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear aqua shoes or white socks.
- River is approximately 60 yards around: 32 laps is one mile.