Canton Road Improvement Program
Canton Township is excited to begin the second year of repairs to the roads in our community using the funding from the approved Road Millage. The intent of the Canton Road Improvement Program is to provide flexibility year-to-year to match revenues from the millage to the prioritize projects.
2020 PRIMARY ROAD PROJECTS
Updated August 17, 2020 - The following is a list of Major Road Projects planned for 2020 construction:
- Canton Center Road/ Warren Road: Construction began July 27. This project includes repairing the entire intersection as well as approximately 1,000 feet of Canton Center north of the intersection. During construction, Warren Road will be completely closed at Canton Center. Canton Center will remain open however, there will be limited access so anticipate delays and avoid the area if possible. Weather depending, this project is anticipated to be completed in 6-8 weeks.
- Haggerty Road: Base repairs between Hanford to Warren Roads - Under Construction
- Haggerty Road: Palmer Road to Michigan Avenue - Anticipated to start Fall 2020
Projects under consideration for 2021-2022 include:
- Haggerty Road: Michigan Ave to Van Born
- Haggerty Road: Van Born Road to Michigan Avenue
- Sheldon Road: Yost Road to Michigan Avenue
- Canton Center Road: Cherry Hill to Ford Roads
- Sheldon Road: Cherry Hill to Ford Roads
- Lilley Road: Michigan Avenue to Palmer Road
- Lotz Road: Michigan Avenue to Palmer Road
PLEASE NOTE: These projects are subject to funding and Wayne County’s construction schedule.
2020 Local County Subdivision Roads
29 subdivisions applied for and were chosen to take part in the local match program. Construction on the following subdivisions will take place in 2020 and 2021:
- Royal Pointe - Under construction
- Hidden River Estates - Under construction
- Huntington Place II - Under construction
- Savannah Pointe
- Canton Country Acres
- Kimberly Meadows - Under construction
- Windsor Park
- Northwoods Place
- Fairways West
- Fifth Brookside
- Sunflower Village - Under construction
- Pickwick Village
- Buckingham Place - Under construction
- Willow Homes
- Wilshire Estates
- Century Farms
- Glengarry Village I
- Central Park II
- Nowland Estates
- Pheasant Woods
- Salem Manor
- Central Park I
- Mayfair Village
- Cobblestone Ridge
- Woodwind Estates
- Cherry Knoll
Canton is now soliciting project ideas from Homeowner Associations and other interested resident groups to participate in 2021 and beyond. Learn more about the local match program and download the application Opens a New Window. .
The Ford Road Boulevard project is also moving forward. MDOT has awarded the contract to for the Design Consultant. Public meetings on the project will begin later this year. Information will be posted on the MODT website as it becomes available.
What about the potholes?
Funds generated from the road millage will not be going toward routine County or State maintenance activities (i.e. the filling of potholes, snowplowing, etc.). That work will continue to be done by Wayne County. The millage funds will be used for very specific capital projects, the tentative list of which for 2019 can be seen here.
Additionally, the millage increase will appear on December tax bills, which means funds will not be available until January at the earliest. Residents can expect some projects to begin in the spring of 2019.
Calculate Your Estimated Additional Cost
To determine your estimated additional cost of this Road Millage, multiply your home's taxable value by .00145.
Enter your home's taxable value: $