Current Gallery Exhibit
25th Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill is pleased to exhibit "25th Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition", now through November 4, 2017.
A special artist’s reception will be held on Thursday, October 5 from 6:30 -9 p.m. at The Village Theater that is free and open to the public. There will be a program that begins at 7:30 p.m.
This exhibition is sponsored by Canton Township and supported by the Canton Commission for Culture, Arts, & Heritage.
All entries to the 25th Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition were juried by Jean-Paul Aboudib, a Michigan based artist working and residing in the metro Detroit area. He has earned a BFA degree from The College for Creative Studies and an MFA in Painting from Wayne State University in Detroit. His current approach culled from a variation of expressive realism. His work employs not only the technical traditions of classical anatomy and the convincing representation of the figure, but also the multiple psychological complexities, yet subtle nature of his subject
Jean-Paul has exhibited his work in various galleries and exhibition spaces, including the Alden B. Dow Museum, The Forum Gallery at The Cranbrook Academy of Arts, the historic Scarab Club, The Artist Market, The Ann Arbor Art Center, The Pontiac Creative Art Center, The Cherry Hill Village Theater, Madonna University, The Plymouth Community Arts Council, The Tangent Gallery, The Guardian Building of Detroit, and The Alfred Berkowitz Gallery. In addition, he has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors including Honorable Mentions, Merit Awards and Best in Shows in juried art competitions. In 2011, he was the recipient of the Best in Show award in Canton's Fine Arts Exhibition at The Village Theater and also was awarded Best in Show in the Alfred Berkowitz state wide competition in 2013.
He has lectured extensively about his work's technique and conceptual inspirations at various venues including Madonna University, The Dearborn Art Society Club, The Garden City Art Club and The Three Cities Art Club. Recently, Jean-Paul Aboudib was a visiting artist for six months at The Dancing Dog Gallery in Ann Arbor, MI. Jean-Paul's art can be found in the collections of The Plymouth Community Arts Council, PCS Global Company, Milano's high end Men's Fine Apparel and in the private collections of art lovers across the state of Michigan including a portrait in the collections of Hip Hop artist Eminem.
This current art exhibit at the Gallery@VT is free and open to the public: Monday – Friday 10 am – 2 pm, one hour prior to and during public performances at the theater, as well as by appointment. The Gallery@VT is closed on holidays. The gallery is located at 50400 Cherry Hill Rd., Canton, MI, 48187. For more information about this latest exhibit, please call 734/394-5300.
Canton's 24th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition Best in Show: Peter 4 - Janet Kondziela
The Gallery @ VT: Art Exhibition Schedule
- October: 25th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: “Grrrls Like Us” - Colored Pencil Drawings featuring artists: Mariel Collins & Andrea Arbit
- December: Ann Arbor Fiber Arts Guild
- January: "Ron DePentu Retrospective Exhibition" by Ron DePentu - Interfaith Quilt - Interfaith Community Outreach (ICO) Displayed in Lobby
- February: Ray Goss - Drawings and Paintings
- March: Mustapha Kandouz - Paintings
- April: "Diversity" - A Photography Exhibit Celebrating Our Cultural and Creative Diversity
- May: "A World of Animals" by Nick Bair - Paintings and Drawings
- June: Bailee Soper - Photography
- July: "Impressionism, Sculpture/Paint" by Dario Pabon
- August: "People See-People Do" by Kay Masini - Paintings
- September: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- October: 26th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: "Food for the Soul" - Collaborative Exhibit
- December: Jeremy Rheault - Paintings
Free and open to the public on most weekdays (except Township holidays) 10 am to 2 pm, during all public performances and by calling 734/394-5308, for an appointment. Schedule subject to change without notice.